Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Baby Bombers


I attended my first fan fest on January 28th of this year (Scranton-Wilkes Barre Railriders).  It was lots of fun and my wife and I will be returning next year.

The highlight of the event was the unveiling of the new  cap logo which will be worn on  Sunday only.

While hundreds of fans clapped, my wife and I looked at each other and frowned.

The first word that comes to mind when I see this logo is.....silly.

Maybe I'm getting old, maybe I'm old school, but I have not desire to purchase or wear the "Baby Bombers" cap.

My favorite caps always involve the minor league affiliate incorporating the parent team's logo into their own.

1992 Reading Phillies cap worn by Mike Lieberthal

1994 Elmira Marlins of the Short Season -A New York Penn League
This cap maybe my favorite MILB cap of all time.

When I see a MILB cap, I want it to be able to identify the parent affiliation.

Late 80's Utica Blue Sox cap....parent team?



The White Sox cap from 1987-1990.

My guess is that the "Baby Bombers" cap will be wildly popular with young kids and will probably even be a national seller.

New Era has ruined the MLB on-field by putting the flag on the side of the cap.

Brandiose is turning MILB caps into cartoons.

I am not interested in either.

No comments:

Post a Comment