Sunday, April 30, 2017

Tying the Knot with Caps

Meet Brittney and Patrick.


Hello there
My buddy was showing me some family pics and she was in one and I was like woah who's that smoking hottie, it was his wife's cousin. So I asked him to ask her if I could have her number and that my friend is how history was made.

We dated about a year before the marriage. We just had that connection you know, the kind that makes you forget the past and only see the present and look forward to the future

Her response..

He is really good friends with my cousin's husband. My cousin sent me a message asking if it would be okay for him to contact me. I said yes! At first I was skeptical about going out with him! The both of us stepped out of our comfort zones! He was the tatted up, flat bill wearing, gauged eared rebellious charmer. & He thought I was going to be stuck up! Lol Patrick and I are very different in all the right ways! We balance each other out very well! He had me hooked after the first date, and now look at us .. we are married!



Awestruck
This is the hat she bought me and had my nickname stitched in the back of it for our first time at the reds opening day game.



The Proposal
The proposal was not the best because we went ring shopping together and we both knew we were getting married. When we got our rings in I immediately ran to the bathroom where she was doing her make up dropped to one knee and spilt my guts out to her in the most romantically comedic way I could. Obviously she said yes.

Her Response..
The proposal was a mutual thing! We both knew what we wanted. We both knew we wanted to spend the rest of our days together!

Wedding Day
The wedding took place at the Leming house. It's a huge house with a big ballroom for the ceremony. Had a full kitchen so all the food was cooked there at the wedding.



The wedding day was the most magical day I've ever experienced. I remember I wasn't nervous at all while we were setting the place up, after we were done with the set up I left to get dressed and come back. On the ride back I began to get a bit nervous and I texted her and she called me and just hearing her voice immediately calmed every nerve in my body. I could have done anything in that moment you know like open heart surgery or even split an atom.

When I was standing at the alter and seen her walk out I was floored by her beauty, I was speechless to say the least and let me tell you that's a hard task to do. It was an all around amazing day, each of our friends and family meeting and everyone getting along and enjoying each other's company was amazing.

Her Response:
The wedding was a blast once we got everything set up! It was the busiest day of my life and it went by so quickly! We kept it low key .. our closest family and friends. It was actually fun, my sister and I did most of the decorations. We went for a romantic DIY rustic theme! We also planned the whole thing in a MONTH. Neither of us wanted a long engagement! & I knew as long as we had each other and our families the day would be perfect!  I remember walking down to him.. I was a nervous wreck! But thank god my dress knocked over all the candles we had going down the aisle and it made everyone laugh!

How did the caps come into the Wedding?
The way the caps came into play was simple. She knew from the first month I had a serious addiction because every Friday or Saturday I was buying a new hat and she was fine with that and still is to this day.
When she picked the colors for the men to wear at the wedding they were navy blue and red. So I jumped on the interwebs looking for a navy blue and red Cincinnati Reds hat. I found one but the navy blue didn't mesh with our clothes.

Then it hit me the Cincinnati Reds triple a minor league team had recently changed their colors to the same colors we were using in the wedding. So I looked up their hats showed her the one I liked and she loved it. We had so many compliments on how good the groomsmen outfits were. It was definitely the icing on the cake.



Check out Kells youtube channel....here


No comments:

Post a Comment