Sunday, November 12, 2017

Retro Classics

     While I do not usually buy them, I am interested when companies make a remake or retro versio of older baseball caps.

       Lids has a series called the Ebbets Field MILB collection.  Here are some of the recent releases          along with photos of the originals from my collection.


        Exhibit #1   Retro Syracuse Chiefs from 1977-1980.                                  


                                       
         Here is a picture of my Syracuse Chiefs cap:        
      The differences are very noticeable and the logo is not very close to the original.                                    Grade on this cap...D+



        Exhibit #2   Vero Beach Dodgers Retro Classic.

 

Here is a picture of the original:


I have to say that the original is not a sharp or detailed logo while the retro classic is very clear.  My grade..Solid B.



Exhibit # 3  Erie Sailors Retro

Here's the real McCoy worn by the Florida Marlins first ever minor league team in 1992:

You have to look closely but there are a few errors on a logo that is pretty simple.  I have to take points off for the stitching on the baseball on the retro and there is a "tm" logo on the retro that is not on the original.   Grade D+


No comments:

Post a Comment