Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Anyone else notice this?

Game 7 of the World Series between the Indians and the Cubs could not have been more exciting.

When the game ended, I continued to watch the post game celebrations and interviews when I noticed Joe Maddon wearing what looked like an Angels cap?


A quick internet search confirmed that I was not seeing things.

Joe Maddon was a bench coach in 2002 when the Angels won the World Series by beating the San Francisco Giants in seven games.

It was also the rookie year of this cap:

I don't particularly care for this style, as I like to see some color contrast in the logo, but it is an improvement over what they were wearing in 2001:




Anyway, back to Joe Maddon.  Why was he wearing an Angels cap after he just won the World Series as the manager of the Cubs?

Turns out this was his father's cap that he always carries with him.  According to an article I read, Joe's father passed away in 2002 and he saved his dad's cap.

He stated that this cap is permanently in his bag and goes everywhere with him.  On the day of game seven, he looked at and thought of it more than usual.

This got me thinking.....

My father is getting up in age and not in the best health that I would like him to be.

On my last visit to my parents house, I surveyed a few rooms to see where his caps were.  He has quite a few (all snapbacks) and rarely leaves the house without one

I might even start wearing one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment