Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Beautiful and Twisted



I was  very apprehensive about this post.

I recently watched Beautiful & Twisted on the Lifetime Network.


Full disclosure: My wife was not watching this.

I found it on my own and could not stop watching.

The Phillies are so bad I can't take it!


Don't worry, I'm not going to write a movie review.

I want to point this out....


Five minutes into movie, while a gorgeous "dancer" is in the picture, I noticed "the cap."


Oh yes....It's the Cincinnati Reds road cap that debuted in 1999.

Around 2007, this color combo became the alternate cap for the Reds before it was ultimately retired in 2009.

Is Rob wearing a 5950 New Era fitted?


Yes he is!!!!



Was the Reds cap chosen deliberately?

I can't be certain, but here is some info: 

The movie is based upon a true story that happened in the Miami area from the mid 90's to 2012. While the cities do not match up, the cap fits the timeline.

Gary Novack (portrayed by Rob Lowe) did establish a company called Convention Concepts Unlimited. This is my best guess as to why a "C" and not necessarily the Reds cap was chosen.

.   I could not find any photos of the real  Gary Novack wearing a Reds cap or any info of him ever living in Ohio.

Rob Lowe however was raised  in Dayton, Ohio.


However, it is easy to find him wearing this team...


No comments:

Post a Comment