Saturday, November 5, 2016

Get to know XclickX

 Let's just say that my wife gets a little annoyed with my cap obsession/collecting. 
She's tired of the conversations with strangers, packages being delivered, and excessive phone conversations and texting with those whom she has labeled, "the nerds like you."
However, she seems to be ok with being interrupted by a text from xclickx.
Why?  We'll get to that later.
Here's a little info about xclickx, also known as Anthony Collicchio:
What kind of caps do you like to collect and why?

I collect MLB and MiLB on-field hats (USA made). I do own a few NHL hats and would love to buy more if somehow they were made in the USA. Why? Because I love baseball and grew up wearing the on-field hats.



How many do you have in your collection?
Up until recently I had an up to date online catalog of my hats. I have stopped updated it and would estimate having around 700.

What would you consider to be your most prized caps?
Well I luckily still own some of my first ever New Era hats from the early 90s( my mother is a bit of a hoarder). A Clearwater Phillies hat and a Seattle Mariners hat. Besides those a few of my father's hats he passed on to me (SWB Red Barons come to mind).




If you could pick a MiLB and MLB cap of the year, what would they be? 
Well for the minor leagues the Iron Pigs and Senators were the best MiLB hat producers of 2016 as a whole. They both released multiple USA made one-offs this year. If I had to pick the best 1 hat from any team it would be the Iron Pigs Father's Day hat. If the Hickory rebrand counted for 2016 (even though they unveiled them in 2015) I may have went with their alternate.



 My favorite MLB cap this year was the Phillies 1976 pillbox hat. I like this hat because of its uniqueness. New Era did not add a batterman and the Phillies logo was appropriately sized.



What is your opinion of New Era's decision to put the flag on the side of the on-field caps in 2017?
I'm mad that they are ruining the look of the on-field MLB cap.I will not buy anymore on-field MLB caps if this trend continues. It is one thing to have the flag on MiLB caps but it is a whole other level on a MLB cap!


Any caps that you are currently searching for?
 Jimmy Rollins 2002 ASG patch hat is my number 1. Also a 2008 Stars & Stripes hat for the Brewers and Rockies.

Any interesting stories about finding a cap or meeting fellow collectors?
I've luckily had the chance to meet some awesome hat collectors over the years! I've been to Cincinnati, Philly, Detroit and Trenton to meet up with some awesome people.



What is your favorite cap to wear currently?

I have been wearing my Indians mid 70s crooked C tbtc hat a lot. I am pulling for the Indians to win the series this year!


To close the post, let me say that I am one of the hat collectors that has been able to meet up with xclickx at both MLB and MiLB games.  He picks up caps for me in his travels and lets me know about internet auctions that I was not aware of. 
He even will not bid on a cap that he wants if he knows that I really want it.  How many people would do that?
My wife has mentioned to me several times at baseball games, "You should ask xclickx if he wants one."
To check out his online collection, click here: xclickx caps 

No comments:

Post a Comment