Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Cap Icons

A few months ago, I talked about a book I had come across titled Ballcap Nation. 

The author, James Lilliefors, was having coffee with his girlfriend and was surprised at how many people were wearing ballcaps.

Mr. Lilliefors makes a case that Tom Selleck and Victor French made it acceptable to wear caps in any social setting.



How about some others that have made cap wearing socially acceptable...
 
1919-1922 NY Giants cap worn by "Short Stuff" in Temple of Doom.
Great job el_gmac!
 


Christmas Vacation (1989) is one of my all time favorites.



Ice Cube featured a Tigers cap in Boyz N the Hood (1991)

Billy Crystal consistently donned a Mets cap in the 1991 wildly popular  City Slickers.


I'm no fan of Tom Cruise but I do remember him wearing a Red Sox cap in A few Good Men. (1992)


The Chicago White Sox cap would get my vote as "cap of the 90's" as it was popularized by Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Eze E, and Tupac.

Michael Moore has more caps than the people that read this blog.

This would get my vote for 2016 cap of the year.

If I missed one please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment