Friday, October 7, 2016

Spring Training Caps


During spring training of the 2016 season, New Era debuted on-field caps for every MLB team with a special side patch for the Grapefruit (FL) and Cactus (AZ) leagues.

I have to admit, I wasn't that interested and only bought three:

I picked up Baltimore because they were my pick to win the World Series (Wrong!).

I had to have a White Sox cap because of the Adam Laroche spring training incident.


As for the Dodgers cap, there was just something about the logo that got my attention.

It just came to me...
If you are not aware, that is Tom Selleck in the 1992 film, Mr. Baseball.  The basic summary is Jack Elliott is a diva at the end of his career who is traded from the New York Yankees to the Chunichi Dragons of the Japanese Central League during spring training.

Bad movie, but great cap.  Did the Dodgers do this on purpose?  Anybody know?  I did write a letter to the Dodgers but never received a reply.  Yes, I am aware that some of the Dodgers minor league affiliates did wear a similar logo recently.  But I want to believe, and do tell strangers when I am asked, that the hat is the Chunichi Dragons.


No comments:

Post a Comment