Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Name that Team



One of my favorite parts of collecting baseball caps is acquiring caps that I have never seen before. 

 Give me a last name or a number on the under visor and I like my chances of matching the logo to a team.

However, there are a few in my collection that I have not been able to track down and could use some help with!

Here they are:
                                                                                                        
 
Purchased online, the seller indicated that this cap and the next one were said to be  from the personal collection of Larry Walker. 

I researched Walker's minor league career but could not find any matches.



The New Era tags indicate that the cap was made in the late 70's to 1982



This cap was purchased in conjunction with the above blue and orange cap and has the same tag inside.

Underbrims do not have any names or numbers.  The only clue is the bats on each cap appear to be wooden. 
My best guess is that they are Canadian All-Star teams that Walker played for.



This New Era cap has a tag that indicates early 80's.  It was purchased along with an Oklahoma City '89ers cap from ebay.

  My first thought was Columbus Clippers, but I have never been able to find a photograph to match. 



KM Pro cap with an A's logo.  Minor league?






Pro McAuliffe tag with a leather band. 

#24 on undervisor  along with HONI (last name?)

This cap was purchased from a seller in the Seattle area.

High School?  College?

Not sure if the logo is an "M" or a "W"?




Tim McAuliffe tag

My best guess is Minor league



If you can identify any of these caps your Jedi powers are greater than mine! 


 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know for sure but the A's Blue and Red cap can be the Clarinda A's of the MINK League. They have been around for a long time and their current hat is different from that but similar. They have always been Blue and Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for sharing the info. I have been looking through photos of the Mink League but have yet to find a match. I have also received an email that this cap looks like a Chatham A's cap from the 70's of the Cape Cod League.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update.....
    Special thanks to Jeremy E. from Minnesota as he identified the red "C" cap with the McAuliffe tag as being a Chattanooga Lookouts minor league cap from 1957-58.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed a Chattanooga Lookouts cap, but from 1953, the tagging style was only used that year. Plus, you can also see the cap in action here: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1953-zeke-zeisz-chattanooga-lookouts-161822134

    ReplyDelete